A dish for any time of the day. Serves eight.
- 3 ripe plantains
- 0.5 lb. high-quality chocolate
- 2 ounces “pepitoria” (pumpkin seeds?)
- 2 ounces sesame
- 0.5 ounce cinnamon
- 2 chiles pasa (a kind of red chile pod similar to chile pasilla)
- Slice the plantains horizontally in slightly diagonal high-centimeter strips and fry until golden
- Roast the pumpkins seeds, sesame, cinnamon and chile in a pan
- Mix the chocolate with two cups of water and combine with the spices; blend until smooth
- Drip the sauce on the plantains, sugar to taste, and boil for five minutes
This recipe is via recetas.aquiguatemala.net.